Pre-Disney Hype!

I am off to Disneyland Paris next week! Woooo! Apart from trying to calm myself down from the excitement, I've been mulling over how to do a pre-Disney blog post. I wasn't sure whether to show the outfits I'd wear, the ears we have, or what! So what I've decided to do is show you one simple outfit (almost like a teaser I guess?) and I'll perhaps do a full outfit post when I come back.

I purchased a new dress for this trip:


It's a red summery dress with a leaf pattern, but with a subtle stitch design. (From EMP: https://www.emp.co.uk/p/lilo-leaf/349047.html#q=stitch&lang=en_GB&start=12 ) Although we're not going in summer (I'm so excited to see the Halloween decorations!) it will still look great without being too in-your-face Disney. I got it a size bigger (Large) than I normally would have due to my weight fluctuating recently. It still fits nicely with a little extra room so I can eat all of those Disney treats! There is a tied bit at the shoulders which helped to make it fit better. 

I will probably wear my hair up with this dress, mainly for two reasons:
1) It matches the summery feel.
2) I recently dyed my hair a VIBRANT red so the hair and dress might be a bit too much.


A trick my cousin taught me a few years ago because I'm useless with hair. It involves placing a headband around your head, then just wrapping the hair around, creating a vintage sort of look. Simple. It helps lessen the VIBRANT red with the dress, plus the headband helps distract a little too.



Ears! You can't go to Disney without having some ears! These were expertly crafted by the lady which I call my mother. Because of our trip being around Halloween time, she thought she'd create some Halloween style ears using a cheap black headband, black felt and a white and glittery cobwebby material. I believe they go well with the dress and (hopefully) will help with deadening the utter VIBRANCE of my hair.


 A bag that I forgot I owned! As soon as I found it stashed in my wardrobe, I knew it would be perfect for my Disneyland Halloween adventures! It was on sale in TK Maxx last year I believe and my friend bought me it (I can't remember why but I still appreciate it. Thank you N 💕). It's by a make called THE WHITEPEPPER. As well as looking the part, it has room for all of my essentials.

And last but not least...


I found this little treasure when going through everything I own. It's probably around 30+ years old, with my mum having owned it when she was a teenager. I'm going to take it with me to hold my important treasures and take it on a new adventure!

And that's my one outfit! I haven't decided on shoes, will probably wear tights with the dress, but I haven't thought it through, alright? Just, deal, man. 

My excitement for Disney is getting higher and higher, so expect a couple more Disney posts soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zumba-dy Teach Us to Read Properly

Body Update!